- Ads Reply Conduct / Procedure
We reserve the right to delete or ban those who would reply inappropriately. Code of conduct for contacting other users:
Please read the following policies into account before posting any ad:
- Please treat all other users with courtesy and respect.
- Do not reply to ads with unsolicited opinions, comments, or judgments about the content (s) of the ads, the price of the item, or the poster themselves.
- Abusive replies are not allowed. Any replies containing hate speech or defamation are strictly prohibited.
- All replies to ads must be about what the ad is offering. Replies containing other commercial offers are not allowed on HPO.
- Impersonating other users, including supplying fake phone numbers, is not permitted. Those who are found to be doing so may lose the ability to use HPO.
- HPO reserves the right to revoke the ability of any user to reply to ads without notice.
Receiving Inappropriate Replies
If you receive an inappropriate reply, please do not respond. You can delete the conversation using the Delete conversation button at the bottom of your messages. If a user has become rude mid-conversation, remember that you can rate your experiences with them using the Rate Buyer or Rate Seller button found when you open the conversation. If the reply is threatening or hateful, please report it to our support team.
Data Protection Act
- Rights under the data protection act
The rights are covered under the data protection bill of 2018, Chapter II, Chapter III and Chapter IV for the use of clients/customers and the remaining bill is for details: Link
Ads Posting Policies
Please read the following policies into account before posting any ad:
- All HPO ads must be posted by members of 18 years of age and over.
- Malicious, defaming, or slanderous ads are not permitted on the site.
- Illegal items or services are not permitted on HPO.
- Ad that contains adult, mature, or erotic content is not allowed.
- All ads must be posted in the most appropriate category.
- Each item, job, or service should only be posted on the site once. Duplicates and spam ads are not allowed and will be removed.
- Each ad must only contain one item. Multiple items must be listed in individual ads, with the exception of household clearance ads and job ads with multiple openings for the same position.
- Items posted for sale must include the price within the ad.
- URLs must be entered in the URL field, not in the description of the ad.
- Members must enter their contact details in the correct fields within their ads. Revealing these details in the ad description, photos, or title is not allowed.
- Premium phone numbers are not permitted to be used in the Contact Phone Number field, or in the ad description. They can be used in the Registered Phone Number field.
- Adding fake or invalid phone numbers is not allowed. Including a phone number in your ad is optional. If you don’t want to include one, leave the field blank.
- Keyword spamming (including many irrelevant words within your ad) to manipulate searches is not allowed.
- HPO does not allow discrimination of any kind.
- Offensive language, hate speech or extreme profanity are not allowed.
- Sold items and other ads that are no longer available should be deleted by the poster.
- All items and services must be based in Pakistan unless advertising an overseas property, in which case it must be posted in the International Property category.
- Ads stating that they will not accept cash are not permitted.
- Ads stating that the item is not able to be inspected or picked up in person are not allowed.
- Pre-order ads are not allowed. All items must be in possession of the seller before they can be posted.
- All ads must be posted in English, or users may change the language of the site to Urdu. Having a translation in another language is permitted.
As a responsible business of Pakistan, it is our priority to ensure that our community remains safe. We don’t allow the sale of anything illegal, dangerous, and items that are against the law of Pakistan. We also prohibit certain items at the request of our community if someone feels threatened or that might cause any damage to someone. In case of any banned or illegal item, we reserve the right to ask you to take it down the ad, or we will remove it ourselves. The list below contains the names of banned items and can’t be posted on HPO. This list is non-exhaustive and will be updated in case of any change by the government o Pakistan or any complaints by the customers:
- Adult entertainment movies and contents (age restrictions applied by the government)
- All other adult products which come under age restriction
Dangerous / hazardous chemicals
Drugs and prescription goods
- Illegal drugs
- Prescription drugs/medicines
- Over the counter drugs
- Contact lenses
- Domain names
- Online accounts
- Virtual merchandise, including in-game currencies or items
- Virtual and real currencies (e.g. Dollars, Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.)
- Any other digital products
Note Asking to be paid for an item or service in a virtual or real currency is allowed, but the currency itself cannot be sold directly.
Fake, replica, or unauthorised trademark items
Firearms, ammunition and equipment (even if they’re legal to buy)
- Guns, including air guns, BB guns, replica guns, and paintball guns
- Ammunition, including ammo for paintball
Note: Paintball equipment not related to the gun (goggles, gloves etc.) are allowed Hunting equipment
Note:Scopes, straps, and gun cabinets are allowed
(of any kind)
Fruit/slot machines etc
Gas and electricity meters
Hate organizations of any kind
Human parts, remains, or services
- Blood, bone, and waste
- Donor, surrogacy, and fertility services
- Sperm and eggs
- Used pregnancy tests or any other pregnancy related services
Items promoting hate, discrimination, or stereotypes of a particular group of people
Personal information or mailing lists
- Bulk emails, Internet Protocol (IP), instant messenger (IM), or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal info
- Tools or software designed to send spam
Diesel, petrol or any other inflammable liquids
Security tag removal items
- This includes blocked phones or no-signal phones
- Buyers are advised to request for purchase receipt from the sellers
- Including supplements that contain DMAA, (1,3-dimethylamylamine) is an amphetamine derivative that has been marketed in sports performance and weight loss products, many of which are sold as dietary supplements
Tickets not intended for resale, including cricket or any other event
Unlocked hardware and software, which comes under data protection act
- Copied games, DVDs, and computer software
- Games consoles
Unlocking software (software that unlocks any electronic item, like a phone or game console)
Used undergarments, including nappies etc
Weapons and knives
- Knives of all kinds including chef and kitchen knives
- Crossbows and archery sets
- Historical and ornamental weapons (like Samurai swords, bayonets and decoration weapons)
- Spear guns
Note: Cutlery/butter knives are allowed
- All parts of animals which are prohibited for sale as per wild life regulations in Pakistan and WWF, i.e. ivory, skins, etc
Multiple ads posted for the same item/service are considered duplicates on HPO. Duplicates clutter the listings and make searching harder for other users. When posting ads, please keep the following in mind:
- Do not post the same ad in multiple categories. If you’re unsure of which category to use, try searching HPO to find out where others have put similar ads.
- Post your ad within your own area for maximum exposure. Remember, people that are willing to travel will search for wider areas or use the distance search feature to find your ad.
- We reserve the right to remove ads that hinder the user experience.
- • For duplicate policies surrounding Services, please read our Service Policies article.
Everyone wants and deserves to be treated fairly. Pakistan has a dual system of civil and sharia law. The Constitution of Pakistan recognizes equality between men and women (Art. 25(2) states "There shall be no discrimination on the basis of sex").
When you’re posting on HPO, it’s very important that your ad respects the law. You need to write your ads so that they don’t discriminate based on age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
The easy way to bring the spirit and the letter of the law to your posts is with this brilliant online tool from the Equality and Human Rights Commission. It helps you to find the guidance you need in almost every scenario, whether you’re posting or responding. And best of all, it’s free.
Focus on the Skills You’re After, Not the Person
When you’re writing your job description, focus on stating the skills you’re looking for. Don’t think about a particular type of person.
Report an Ad
At HPO, we rely on our community to help us keep everything as it should be. You can get involved by reporting an ad you want us to look at. We’ll work with its owner to help get it right.
Category Specific Policies
Services Policies (The below details would be hyperlinked)
All services advertised in classified ads and in reply to other ads must adhere to our services rules, as well as our regular posting policies. Read our policies surrounding certain services below:
- Adult, erotic or sexual services of any kind are prohibited including but not limited to: webcamming, modeling, photography, escort and prostitution.
- Ads offering or requesting loans, with or without interest.
- Money collecting services.
Financial & Car Insurance Services
- Insurance services are required to have both a professional email / account as well as a landline number. Offering these services without these two pieces of information is not allowed.
- If insurance is only offered in addition to an item being sold, the above qualifications are not required.
- Botox and other prescription medication are not allowed on HPO. As such, neither are services offering their administration.
Dissertation and Essay Writing Services
- We do not permit ads offering to complete homework for students.
- Editing, proofreading, or services offering guidance/tutoring are allowed.
Massage services are welcome on HPOas long as they are offered by trained professionals. When posting ads in this category, please include your qualifications within the ad, as well as following the policies below:
- No sexual massages. This includes Nauru, Tantric, Sensual, Undraped and Happy Ending.
- No free or exchange massages.
- No Wanted ads for massages.
- Massage ads must not use photos of real people. Cartoons, mannequins, diagrams, etc, are allowed as long as they are not used in a sexual manner.
Along with our General Posting Policies all Jobs posted on HPO must follow the policies below:
- All Jobs ads must be for applicants 18 years of age and over. Ads specifically requesting applicants under 18 are not permitted on HPO.
- Generic postings advertising multiple different positions or employment services in a single ad are not allowed.
- All job ads are required to include the salary band and location, as well as providing a detailed job description.
- We do not accept postings which require down payments in any forms, including requiring candidates to send money or stamped, addressed envelopes to gain further details of the positions.
- We do not accept postings that advertise for models or actors (either male or female) using generic (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) email accounts and/or mobile phone numbers. These posters must include a registered agency email address and landline phone number.
- We do not allow Job ads that require a photo in the application. Modelling or acting jobs are exempted from this policy, as long as they also fit the requirements described above.
- All 'work from home' job offers must be posted using a business domain while also meeting all other job policy requirements.
- Job offers taking place overseas must be paid in respective currency of the country and employment contracts must be signed at a local branch. The ads must state a local street address, valid phone number, a website, and as much information about the positions as possible to be compliant.
- We do not allow jobs for adult, erotic, or sexual services of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: adult webcamming, adult modelling/photography, escort and prostitution.
Replying to Job Ads
- Replies to ads for any purpose other than recruitment to a legitimate position are prohibited.
- Replies to ads for personal reasons, or for solicitation of any sexual or otherwise inappropriate purposes are strictly prohibited and may result in a loss of ability to use HPO.
What’s Not Allowed on HPO articles.
Along with our General Posting Policies, all Property ads posted on HPO must follow the policies below:
- When posting ads for room rentals, you may request the type of person you're looking for. However, please note that we do not allow discrimination against the protected classes defined under Art 25(2).
- Property owners may not request fees.
- If your property is outside of the Pakistan, it must be posted within either the Holiday Rentals or International subcategories.
- Caravans may be advertised in Property or Holiday Rentals, depending on the length of the rental.
- Professional landlords and real estate agents must select ‘Yes’ when asked ‘Are you acting as an agent?’ Posting as a non-business is misleading, and therefore not allowed.
- Shared property requested between male and female
- Legally Disputed properties
- Sale / rent of religious properties and Okaf properties
- All properties which are restricted for sale / rent under the law of Provinces and Pakistan
Knowing your legal obligations
When posting in property, please ensure that you know your legal obligations. Property laws vary depending on where the property is in the Pakistan, and the type of tenancy. While we are not able to list every law or regulation in this article, failure to meet your local requirements may result in your ad being removed from HPO.
Along with our general posting policies, all retailers posting on HPO must follow the policies below:
- Businesses may post in the For Sale category as long as they are selling individual items. When advertising the business as a whole, please post in the Goods Retailers subcategory within Services.
- Businesses posting Wanted ads for items like scrap, used electronics, or similar removal services must be posted in the most appropriate Services categories.
- Our duplicate ads policies are for both regular and business users. All business ads should be unique ads advertising a single item or service.
- Professional sellers and businesses must select ‘Business’ when asked what seller type they are. Posting as a non-business is misleading, and therefore not allowed.
Note: We reserve the right to remove ads that hinder the user experience.
Along with our General Posting Policies all Community ads posted on HPO must follow the policies below:
- Free services can be advertised in the Community category when the service is for learning or training purposes only. Services for any other purpose must be posted in the Service category.
- Political parties and activists are permitted to advertise meetings, events, or rallies as long as they are not promoting hate speech, racism, or offensive content. The ad must also focus on the event, not primarily advertise their beliefs.
- HPO does not allow personals ads. This includes ads looking for romantic or sexual partners. Requests for charitable donations by either an organization or an individual are permitted in “Donation” section on HPO.
- Sale of Endangered or Exotic Species is not allowed
- Animal adoption or animals for free is prohibited
- Pet food, treats, and vitamins are not allowed to be sold on HPO, unless they are authorised dealers and have stores with full address and contact details for return and guarantee purposes
- Animals or species which are prohibited as per the law of Pakistan and WWF
- The sale of prescription drugs for pets is not permitted on HPO, including contraceptive drugs